Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dangerous Desires or Guilty Pleasures?

Last night while my daughter was out I may have watched Tomcat: Dangerous Desires on Netflix.  Maybe.  Let's just say that hypothetically, if I had done that, I might have discovered that my Internet connection was running slow and I couldn't stream it on my computer.  Then, I might have checked to see whether it would play on my iPad and discovered that it would, but that I'd first have to download an app.  And I might have done that and waited for it to download, even though it was pretty late at night and I had an appointment this morning.

In fairness to me, if I had done this, I would have looked first for If Looks Could Kill.  Probably the quality isn't much better, but I assume that there's more clothing involved. 

(There would almost have to be, right?)
 
Sadly, If Looks Could Kill isn't available for streaming, so if I HAD taken advantage of being home alone to watch an old, crappy Richard Grieco movie, I guess it would have been Dangerous Desires.

Here's what I might have discovered if I'd watched that movie:
  • Richard Grieco was not only the biggest name by a longshot, but also far and away the most talented actor in this film.  Make of that what you will.
  • The director of this film was far more interested in naked women than in naked men, which may have been an odd choice since I'm pretty sure men were not the prime audience for this story.
  • Richard Grieco doesn't look all that much different with his head shaved.
  • The writer (and I'm using the term loosely) apparently believes that cats don't have souls. 
  • There are a lot of very unusual-looking types of insect.
Should you watch this movie?  Well, only if you can answer yes to one or more of the following questions:
  • Have you always wanted to explore the concept of what might happen if we extracted a bit of DNA from a cat and injected it into a human brain?
  • Do you want to see a young Richard Grieco semi-naked?
  • Do you really enjoy watching people killed in pretty gruesome ways with very little provocation?
  • Do you want to see a young Richard Grieco make love to a variety of women?
  • Are you working on a list of the 100 worst films of the last century and looking for contenders?
  • Are you very curious about Richard Grieco's butt?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, this movie may be for you.  I wouldn't, however, recommend it based on the story line, cast, cinematography, sound track, production or...you know...any of the stuff that makes a movie good.

If you're on the fence, scroll back up to the photograph.  If that doesn't influence you, this movie has nothing to offer you.  Unless, you know, you really are working on that "worst films" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment