Saturday, January 26, 2013

What Does Best Buy Have Against Richard Grieco?

Yeah, I know--I decided last week that I wasn't going to buy Booker while I was on this ever-lengthening unpaid medical leave and had no idea when my next paycheck was coming.  But then I had a brainstorm. See, I have a Best Buy gift card I've been sitting on for quite a while, and what better way to spend it than to entertain myself while I was in this very frustrating limbo?

(You want to take a moment out in the middle of this story of my endless fruitless quest for a $19 television series from the 80s to look at him, right?  Okay, okay...if you insist.)

 
I hope you're happy.  That was no fun for me.
 
Anyway, after it emerged that Best Buy for some reason doesn't carry Booker (you'd think there was little demand for single-season spin-offs from 20+ years ago or something), I decided to look around and see what other work of Grieco's they might have available.  I'd been kind of surprised by the number of movies listed on IMDB and his official website, and I'd never seen any of them.
 
Of course, it seemed like there was a good reason for that.  I mean, something about Tomcat: Dangerous Desires didn't really appeal to me.  And that disinterest intensified when I saw the cover of the DVD box and realized that they weren't using "tomcat" metaphorically.  The movie has a 3.2/10 rating on IMDB and involves a scientific experiment that turns a guy into a cat.  Or a half-cat. Or some kind of cat-like creature.
 
Yeah, I'm not even into good sci fi.
 
But...
 
Well, I saw a few still from the movie, and they looked pretty hot. I figured it couldn't be too expensive.  And, you know, I have this gift card.
 
But no.  Unbelievably, Best Buy doesn't carry that one, either.  In fact, a search for Grieco's name on the Best Buy website came up empty.
 
Could somebody please send me a gift card for Grieco's official website?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment