Sunday, January 27, 2013

Thunder Levin's AE

I wouldn't exactly call it a well-kept secret that Thunder Levin is either in the process of filming or has just wrapped filming on AE.  I can't work out a lot about the film except that Richard Grieco and Adrian Paul (of Highlander fame) are in it, it's being shot in Costa Rica and it appears to have a sci fi and/or horror bent.

That's because, though it's not exactly a secret, no one seems to be talking about the film.  It doesn't seem to have an official website.  Grieco hasn't mentioned it on his website.  If it weren't for Adrian Paul sharing some lovely photographs on Facebook, I'd know even less than I just related. 

Now, I know a little about the independent film industry, and I know there's probably little to report at this point. Based on the little bit of information I've seen, I suspect that the film wasn't commissioned and its creators have no idea when or where it will premiere, nor when and how it will be distributed.  Maybe they'll shop it around.  Maybe they'll submit it to festivals.  (Maybe I'm making this all up because there's no information available.)

Bottom line is, I get that there's not much news right now, and probably a limited budget.  But Thunder...dude...you've got two hot guys who, while they're not exactly Ryan Gosling at the box office, have pre-existing and loyal fan bases who will be eager to see this movie.  Tease us a little.  Show us pictures of them all manly and sweaty in the jungle and create a need to see more.  You know having fans clamoring to see a film can't hurt you, no matter which route you decide to go.

Seems like Adrian Paul is the only guy in this game who has a sense of the value of that kind of buzz.  Either that or he just likes sharing photos on Facebook.  After much internal debate, I decided not to steal any of his pictures to post here, but if you're a fan of Richard Grieco or Adrian Paul, you should check them out on his official Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment