Friday, February 22, 2013

10 Things You Should Know about Richard Grieco Movies

Since I set out on the quest to determine whether or not Richard Grieco can act, I've watched...well...several of his movies.  I haven't reached a definite conclusion on the initial question yet, but I have uncovered a few trends that I wanted to share. 

1. No matter what the movie seems to be about in the beginning or what kind of character Grieco plays, he will probably get shot. Often, he'll be as surprised by this as you are.


2. Usually, there will be a distraught woman standing by when he gets shot. More often than not, the shooter will be his lover, or hers. Or both.

3. Ice picks are disproportionately represented in Grieco's movies.

4. Richard seems to be under the impression that there's something sensual and sexy about taking a sharp, deadly weapon and running it slowly over a woman's body. I warn you about this because if you're not prepared, there's a better than even chance that he will--at least temporarily--make you think that, too.

It's not even an ice pick this time.

5. A tip for the men: If you're not being portrayed by Richard Grieco, "I kill people" is VERY unlikely to be a successful pick-up line.

6. All women, regardless of age or walk of life, wear lace demi-bras.

7. No matter what the context, there is always time (and a reason) to take off your shirt.

 
 
8. Grieco and his characters share clothes.  I guess this isn't really something you need to know about his movies, but I thought it was interesting.
 
 
 
9.  If Grieco is wearing glasses, that's your signal that he's playing an ordinary guy and we should not think of him as especially hot.  Pay no attention to the fact that he looks magificent in the glasses (which appear to be the same pair from film to film).
 
 
 
10.  It is always the woman's idea to videotape sex.


2 comments:

  1. hahaha omg this post is gold XD I thought the same thing about his colorful shirt. They probly do that on movies with lower budgets they can't do much about a wardrobe department or whatever so they say "just bring your stuff from home" haha. I assume anyway. Still waitin' on my Dead Easy copy, now I'm real excited to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true--I've worked on indie films where the supporting cast was asked to come dressed for the part. I've never seen one that didn't wardrobe the main characters, but Grieco was an Executive Producer on that one so maybe he got to pick. Or just liked the shirt and took it home ;)

    ReplyDelete