Saturday, February 16, 2013

Harry Potter Meets Richard Grieco

Last night, I saw this video in which a kid dressed as Harry Potter for some reason intercepts various celebrities at a golf event:



It's mildly amusing, but doesn't quite come off the way I think he intended because the adult celebrities he's approaching seem kind of indifferent. It's not even obvious whether they recognize that he's not Daniel Radcliffe or think he's Daniel Radcliffe and don't care, but none of them (at least in this segment) seem to care one way or the other.  David Anders does tell him he can tag along in his cart, but his attitude is very "what the hell?"

But, of course, none of that explains why I'm talking about this video on this blog.  Yes, "Daniel" encounters Richard Grieco on the golf course.  Their interactions aren't especially significant (though Richard does offer to cause a distraction so the boy can steal some golf clubs), but when the cameraman spots Grieco he asks "Daniel" whether he knows who Richard Grieco is.  The fake wizard says he doesn't, and his coach follows up with something like "Bad actor.  Really bad actor."

When I conjectured (is that even a verb?) that acting wasn't really what Grieco was all about, I was careful not to make any qualitative assessment. But I think I'm ready.  Thanks to the fake Daniel Radcliffe and his camera-wielding friend, my next post will answer the burning question "Is Richard Grieco a bad actor?"  But first, I'd like to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment