Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dead Easy...Was


Last night (thanks to my Best Buy gift card and enhanced search efforts), I watched Dead Easy.  The reviews I'd read conflicted, and it seemed that whether or not someone liked this movie depended entirely on whether or not that person was a big fan of either Richard Grieco or Joanna Pacula.  One IMDB user review said, "Was it bad, not at all.  Was it good, not at all."  I think I could go along with that.

I honestly didn't care much about any of the characters except Grieco's, and although he was a more fully-developed and somewhat sympathetic character than his wife or his mistress, I can't honestly say whether I'd have formed any attachment to him if he'd been played by an unknown. 

One of the viewers who reviewed this movie said that they didn't like it because the message seemed to be that crime paid.  I don't think that was the intended message of this movie.  I think the intended message was "people in their late thirties and forties can still be hot".  Grieco's Jump Street six pack was in pretty good form (and I don't think they were spraying them on in 2004) and Joanna Pacula, at 47, was a beautiful woman.  But that's pretty much all this movie conveyed to me.

2 comments:

  1. Waitin' for my copy to come in the mail ahhhh XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a little like an enabler! (But let me know how you like it)

    ReplyDelete