Friday, February 8, 2013

Booker Bares All

So, I'm watching Booker.  No, I didn't cave in and buy it.  A wonderful friend of mine ordered it for me on Amazon.  I know she was laughing at me as she did, but I appreciate it nonetheless and I'd totally call her out and link to her awesome blog and thank her for it here, except that with all the information I've already given out about myself, a tie to a real-life friend would probably make you go, "Oh!  I know who you are!  Oh.  Wow.  You know, I always thought you were...I mean...I wouldn't have expected..."

And none of us want that, right? 

Plus, she doesn't even read this blog (or maybe know about it), so what's the point in thanking her here?

Anyway, I'll get to the point.

Booker takes his clothes off a lot.  Mostly, this occurs in situations in which a normal person would remain fully clothed.

My daughter remained in the room for approximately the first half of the first episode. This is the first scene that troubled her:


Teenager:  WHY is he changing clothes in his office?

Me:  I don't know. And why is his secretary peeking through the blinds at him while he does?

Allegedly Disinterested Teenager:  Well, that part is obvious...but why is it happening?

I had no response.  I went back to watching.  I mean, probably I don't have to tell you that secretly I knew exactly why those women were gathering outside Booker's office window.


The kid went on with her life and the show went on.

A few minutes later, she looked up to see Booker working a case from his bed in his underwear.  That seemed perfectly normal to me, but she said, "This whole series is just an excuse for Richard Grieco to get naked!" And she went upstairs.

And that, you know, would have been entertaining enough.  But not more than a minute after she walked out of the room (as Booker was pacing around the room talking with some urgency on the telephone, still in those now-familiar baby-blue boxers), someone kicked in the door to his apartment, threw him to the floor, pointed a shotgun at him and said, "Get dressed!"



No comments:

Post a Comment