Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Creativity is in the Genes

Probably you long-term fans are way ahead of me on this one. I just learned a couple of days ago that Richard's younger brother is not only an artist and designer, but appeared on Project Accessory in 2011. 

I've checked him over (hey, someone had to do it), and I don't find any resemblance. Obviously, David inherited mom's Irish looks.  I think that if I'd watched Project Accessory in 2011 and heard David's name, I'd have dismissed the possibility that he was related to Richard because he doesn't look a thing like him. 

Obviously, though, these two have some genes in common (or "nurture" played a very big role in who they turned out to be).  The Griecos' hometown newspaper reports that in addition to his art and design work, David has "dabbled in acting" and played college football.

David has apparently been sculpting his whole life, and also sees the capturing of emotion as the focus of his work.  He's a bit more concrete in his presentation than big brother, though.  You can check out his work at David Grieco Sculpture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment