Saturday, March 30, 2013

Richard Grieco in After Midnight

For a television producer / painter, Richard Grieco has a lot of movies in various stages of production.  In addition to the two we already knew were slated for release in 2013 (A House is Not a Home and AE: Apocalypse Earth) and one in pre-production with no announced release date (Coachella Massacre), I've just gotten wind of a third movie in post and slated for release later this year.  It's called After Midnight, and appears to be a mystery.  Tawny Kitaen also has a role in this one.  I haven't seen her in years, but recent photos indicate that she's aging beautifully...and slowly.

I haven't been able to find a lot of additional information about After Midnight yet, but Dylan Vox, who also appears in the film, recently blogged about shooting.  He says, "...Richard was a total pro and was such a nice guy to be around..."

I'll admit that I'm a little uncertain about the powers behind this one. Writer/director Fred Olen Ray's "known for" on IMDB is Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers and the company behind it, Retromedia, has a lot of offerings with "Bikini" in the titles.  Still, with what looks like a lot of sci fi and horror in the works (and in recent years), I'm looking forward to a film that bills itself as a "mystery".

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Awesome, I'm always excited by new Grieco news XD And Tawny, cool. I'm excited to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete