Thursday, March 14, 2013

Psychotronic Film Society Screening Final Payback

If you happen to be in the Savannah area, the Psychotronic Film Society will be screening Final Payback on March 20, in honor of Richard's birthday on the 23rd.  Their presentation is a little tongue-in-cheek and I did see the phrase, "so bad it's good," but hey...they remembered the movie (which was released in 2001) and knew it was his birthday, so they're not fooling us, right?

Not sure whether you want to check it out?  Here's a screen cap from the movie to help you decide.

 
 
Oddly, IMDB tells me that this movie gets the best ratings (by far) from males aged 18-29.  Probably all that fighting and shooting and such.
 
If you wanted to decide based on something crazy like the story line, it's basically this: Grieco plays an ex-cop who gets framed for murder and caught up in something much bigger than he bargained for.  Everyone wants to kill him or arrest him, no one can be trusted, innocent people die and in the end...well, spoilers aren't necessary.  You know how this ends, right?


2 comments:

  1. I still need to get Final Payback, I just got Body Parts in the mail a few days ago and still haven't got around to watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've passed on that one so far because it sounds pretty gory. Skipped the one with the eyeball in a teaspoon on the box, too, and the one with the giant spiders. I guess I'll have to suck it up and watch them all if I'm going to write that book, but I'm definitely saving the blood, guts and horrific creatures for last.

    ReplyDelete