Saturday, March 2, 2013

German Richard Grieco Fans - Talk to Me!

Here, I'll bribe you with a nice video of Richard performing in Germany in 1994:



It's always been clear (and by "always," I mean "in the entire 6-8 weeks I've been aware of Richard Grieco's existence) that Grieco had a strong following in Germany, simply because he and whatever powers that be were involved in his career at the time decided to release Waiting for the Sky to Fall in Germany in 1995.

That idea was reinforced by the fact that a significant portion of the search traffic to this blog comes from Germany.  So...I know you're there.  Talk to me!

If you were a Richard Grieco fan in Germany in the mid-nineties when this CD was released, tell me how that came about. How did you learn about Richard?  What kind of press surrounded this release in Germany?

If you're a Richard Grieco fan in Germany today--and, again, I can see that there are a lot of you--are you a loyal fan from the 90s or have you discovered Grieco more recently?  And if he was a more recent discovery, how did he come to your attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment